Here we go again, yet another year is coming to an end…
I always start to write these year-end notes with the intention of trying to say something new but I guess that it’s just like trading… it’s all about the basics. No fancy things, no bells, and no whistles; do more of what you do well and less of what you don’t do so well. Very simple really but not always easy to put into practice, as most of you know.
The more you have the luxury to stick around in this business, the more it will become apparent that it is primarily about being realistic with your expectations, putting yourself in a condition to succeed and staying focused on the right track. As usual; no crystal balls, no magical indicators, no holy grail. On one hand we strive to be humble students of price action and market psychology whilst on the other, we stress positive reinforcement and mechanical execution.
As always, remember that trading is an extremely hard way to make a living. Don’t let anyone tell you it can’t be done but equally, don’t let anyone give you the false impression that this is easy and that there are shortcuts. In my humble opinion, a real trader is formed through consistency/longevity and despite the fact that not everyone is going to be able to function in this type of business, if tackled with dedication, discipline and devotion, it can be one of the most rewarding ways of life, if not ‘the only way’, for people that are truly wired to be traders.
I really can’t stress enough how important it is to stay grounded, realistic and focused on the task at hand. Stay away of distracting/negative influences, construct your own positive ecosystem and remember to treat others the way you would like them to treat you.
For all of the new followers, don’t hesitate to explore all of the content on the blog. The interviews could be a very interesting place to start to help put the business of trading into context and to give you an idea of what to look for in terms of realistic expectations. There is a lot of content there for those that are willing to take the time to explore…
I would like to thank all of:
- the active followers that continue to take the time to comment on the blog and share the content that I provide. It is always rewarding to see people like and find it useful, so thank you once again, I really appreciate it.
- my students; past, present and future for keeping me sharp, focused, accountable and unbiased. Motivating me to always strive to take things to the next level.
- the guys at Darwinex for this interesting opportunity/platform which will no doubt keep us very busy in 2015.
- the haters/copiers/scammers that remind us what not to do and what not to be; furthering our conviction that we are on the right path with every stab they take.
- the ones that may have slipped through the cracks but that still deserves a massive thank you.
Health and Wealth to all for 2015!
Thank you once again,