“The first thing you have to know is yourself. A man who knows himself
can step outside himself and watch his own reactions like an observer.” –
George Goodman (aka Adam Smith), “The Money Game”
Get ready for an extremely busy week ahead in terms of earnings, data releases and central banks.
This week, we will be keeping a very close eye on:
– Start of seasonal weak period in equities and risk assets.
– Tesla, Wirecard and follow through on the SOX index as indices press to and through all time highs but a lot of single name stocks are not looking too pretty.
– we always prefer to privilege healthy market moves/rotations, so we will be looking for some select DXY weakness and focus on action around 98 mark. No real change to all of our bigger picture FX swings, just changing dynamics on the intraday/week plays.
– The nasty weekly close on Crude with the failure to hold above the 65 mark: too obvious or 55 mark attracts?
– Continued o/n risk with GoogL and AAPl reporting after the closes, FOMC on Wednesday and NFP on Friday. All in the context of Japan being off on extended holiday.
– more focus on what we have been discussing in terms of the continued tell on how metals have been performing, despite recent action in indices and dXY.
– And much more..
Note for active 50Scouts members: *make sure you read out latest update* and keep an eye on your inbox for a free pass to Friday’s daily webinar session (make sure to check your spam folder too).
For newer readers, it’s always worth catching up on our Trading Reflections post.
If you are interested in a more structured way of tackling the business of trading, attending a live daily morning call or a more detailed discussion on the charts we post / trade ideas, don’t hesitate to check out our Premium content.
Wishing you a great day ahead.